Monday, October 22, 2012

Mercadito

Last night was a blast! I went out with my sister Kristi, her boyfriend Mark, and Brian to Mercadito. It is a Mexican restaurant in the river north area of Chicago. It's very hip inside and their drinks are very good. I had this one drink that came out literally on fire and another one that was spicy and had something like a blueberry mash on top. Sooo good! 
The guacamole and tacos are also really tasty. We had two types of guacamole, a spicy sautéed chili guacamole and pineapple guacamole. I think the pineapple guac was my favorite, i seriously could have eaten huge bowl of it ;) As for the tacos we tried various kinds including fish, pastor, molé, and mushroom (this one didn't taste vegetarian at all). 
Once we finished eating we headed over to a martini bar for some yummy cocktails. I had this delicious raspberry martini and pineapple martini. 

It was so much fun to catch up with Kristi and Mark! I wish I could see them more often, but they're both working full time and in school. We did make plans for a fun game of shuffleboard for this Friday. I've never played before, so we'll see how it goes. 


Flaming Drink







Black Sand 



 Aren't they cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment