Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bad days

Sorry this post is going to be kind of a rant. So I started my new job and all, which is great! However, there is this one child that gets on mine (and everyone elses last nerve). He serious is horrible! He hits, pulls, kicks, bites, etc. all the children around him! When you explain to him why this is wrong he seems to understand, because he says that it hurts others when he kicks, bites, etc. so you think all is good... until 10 minutes later he does it again! It's like really kid...REALLY!!!! It's so bad that the toddlers are scared to death of him. We just had a toddle transition over into our classroom and she pretty much cried the whole day saying that awful child's name because she was deathly afraid of him. I guess that's when you know it's bad... poor kid. Though, what's really bad about this situation is that I have to deal with him for 8 hours of the day 5 days a week. This is only my second day and his behavior already made me cry :( I think I just felt overwhelmed because a lot of the children in that class don't think for themselves and follow this child's behavior. It stresses me out because I have no idea how to deal with this problem child. 

The kicker is that once I'm moved up to lead teacher in the 3-5 classroom (I'm the 2 year old assistant right now) he'll be in my class. I'm not sure if I'm just having a bad day or if this is how I'm always going to feel. I guess only time will tell. 

Another thing I found strange about today was at the end of the day I went in the infant room to help out but the owner said she didn't think I should be in there because she wasn't sure if I'd feel comfortable talking to the parent's about the infants. I said I was but she decided against it. It was sooo strange! I was like WHAT???? I do know how to interact with other adults you know... Grrr. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow that child will be medicated or something.
 One can only hope! 

It really makes me miss my class back in Minnesota. Here's our class picture from last fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment