Monday, October 6, 2014

The 1/2 Rule


I'm all about the 1/2 rule when I eat. What is the 1/2 rule you ask...well I've mentioned before I believe that we should be able to eat what we want but just in moderation so, to help make this belief more effective I like to cut my portion size in 1/2. This works really well when Brian (my boyfriend) and I go out to eat because we usually share apps and entrees. If you're not sharing you could have the restaurant pre-box up 1/2 the food before they bring it out to you. That way you are less tempted to eat all of it. I also try to practice this rule at home too. I like to use little These bowls when eating cereal, yogurt, guac, etc. 


If you're still feeling hungry after only 1/2 of your lunch or dinner try drinking water after every bite. This fills you up faster while eating less.

*Note this rule does not apple to salads, fruits, and veggies. I like to fill up on these clean foods as much as possible.

Enjoy

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment